Re: Tattoos

From: Mike Gibb <m.gibb_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:34:30 +0100

Peter Metcalfe supplied us with very detailed comments on the tattoos visible on the illustrations in the books, but how many of these are tattoos and how many are woad (or similar "war-paint"). I only ask because I know Orlanthi (I forget which suib-cult(s)) can enchant woad - does anyone else use similar paint marks?

I just have images of all the henna-tattooists who have been clogging up Edinburgh's streets during the festival. Do we have anything similar in Heortling society? Setting up stall at the tribal moots to provide decoration for the festivities/worship? Or even acting as face-painting?

"Look at little Hrenalf, doesn't he look so cute in his Uroxi war paint? Hrenalf, put down the nice alynx, there's a good boy....."