Tattoos

From: Dougie <dougiepunk_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:24:25 +0100

I've also rule that tattos are pigmented with woad (and are thus blue). This allows full time warriors who IMG have more tatoos (since as suggested by others they are a form of open boasting which a warrior is more likely to participate in that an peaceful Barntari), to use thier tatoos as a sort of permament aplication of woad for use for enchantments in battle.

Non combat types have to line up in front of the Godar with his big pot of woad to get the swirling magical runes and picturespainted over their body - heavily tattoos huscarls and the like have them already!

All IMG with some Astrix and what I remember of Tacitus' description of the Celts (and what I remember from seeing on the skin of the Lindow Man (Celt noble ritually sacrificed and preserved in a peat bog).

Cheers Dougie.