Re: Tattoos

From: sigaud_at_...
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 16:39:18 -0000

Jeffrey Kyer:

> Peter Larsen wrote:

> >Just because you hold a Black Oak down and
> > abrade him with steel wool doesn't mean that he's no longer a
Black
> > Oak.... It's a badge, a mark, an advertisement as much as a
magical
> > talisman.
> >
> > Peter Larsen
> > --
>
> Maybe not, but its FUN! Hand me that bundle of iron wool...
>
> Jeff

And wouldn't thrall-taking customs involve some defacement of their tatoos ? Just to make sure they understand they're no longer part of their former clan ?
Then, you line them up and mark them like your cows (or something like that)

I imagine Horsespawns would do the same...

And what about slave-taking lunars ? What do they do with their new captives ?

  1. Wash'em, they stink
  2. Scrap'em, that destroy their magic and make them the holy color of our Blessed Goddess
  3. Mark'em, chain them, and go on

Philippe