Re: Bad Poetry, Can you Kenn It? (Part 1)

From: oleppa_at_...
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 17:09:34 -0000

This all sounded like a great challenge. Now I have made a few attempts of english poetry of this sort but bear in mind that oddities in form are caused by the fact that english is not my natural language. Feel free to ridicule me if there are obvious mistakes.

Still here are few I made of mythological stuff:

Sword's traitor son, troll of barefoot.

Corn squirrel crafty, critic of crops.

Rug of woods so	        wondrous and wide,
Tamer of storm,	        supply sprouting.

Possessor sweet,	smites with smoothness,
Torments in triads,	temptress tearing.

Dark face of clouds,	forceful windfield,
Dar of spearwoods,	daring and strong.

Are these too obvious for you or are those too vague, perhaps caused by errors in language?

Now I'd like to see some english-speakers trying.

Cheers anyway
Otto