Re: Re: Abusing the system in HW

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:37:22 -0400

Tim Ellis wrote:

> I thought this thread started out with a criticism that Hero Wars
> allowed you to create (a) superman as a starting character, and it
> can be seen that (using the "standard" rules) it doesn't. Obviously
> if you wanted to use the Hero Wars "rules engine" to run a Superhero
> game (be it a "comic book" game, or using Harrek and Jar-Eel as PCs)
> then you wouldn't create characters with their highest skill as 5w.
> (It's not possible to create Superman as a GURPS 100 point character
> either, which doesn't mean you can't create Superman in GURPS (not
> that i've tried...))

What it amounts to is this: The player can select those ablities. The Narrator can determine the resistance to actually using those ablitites... using the resistance table. What happens after that is up to the playing group.

But I'd never set out in a campaign to provoke the narrator from day 1. Its just too dangerous in Hero Wars. =)

Jeff