Re: Abusing the system in HW

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 18:18:07 +0100

> > In short, Hero Wars puts limits on abilities that mean that you
>> cannot do Superman as a starting character - only someone with
>> weaker abilities (many or perhaps all of them, the same as a normal
>> human's) and massive growth potential or somebody with unreliable
>> versions of the same abilities.
>
>I thought this thread started out with a criticism that Hero Wars
>allowed you to create (a) superman as a starting character, and it
>can be seen that (using the "standard" rules) it doesn't.

The original post claimed that:
"it was not only possible to make Superman, but that he was a perfectly workable charecter and controllable in the HW system"

I pointed out that the way the abilities were handled was important - and not covered in the original post - and that with the usual methods the character was significantly less powerful than Superman (and that includes even the original version who only leaped over tall buildings rather than flying).

If you really could do Superman as a starting character, as well as the usual "heroes-to-be" then Hero Wars would be unbalanced.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.