Re: Tattoos

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:41:20 -0000

> What about non-warriors? Anyway, if you get a tattoo every
> time you learn a feat, that's 12-15 tattoos per devotee, plus clan
> and cult tatoos, if any. Seems a mite excessive unless they're
> small, which defeats their purpose -- these are as much
> advertisements as markers -- "Look,

Oh, I dunno - I quite like the idea. Seen from the perspective of starting/developing characters, they would start with what, half a dozen? It could be an interesting prompt to players to retain a minds-eye image of what their characters look like, and to consciously portray these aspects to other players and the GM. Further, it offers a nice component of a ritual associated with induction to a new layer of the cult. OK, so we we don't want to go as far as "tattoo-emon: gotta catch 'em all", but it sounds like good world-colour to me. I also like it because of its rather visceral nature, it chimes well RW tribal scaring and use of tattoos and the like.