Re: Tattoos

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 01:41:59 -0000

You know I really hadn't thought about it before, but I now have visions of young Orlanthi bucks getting drunk and giving each other
"tattoos" (I use quotation marks given that the result is more apt to
be a mix of the said ink blob along with some nasty scar tissue.

You know, along the lines of:
"nobody respects us."
"s'truth man, if you weren't in the fyrd in Heort's day you're sheep
dung."
"we went on that last cattle raid against the black oaks"
"Yah, we did."
"But who got the glory? Old grey-beard floppy-sword."
"You know it, bro."
"We should, you know, do something."
"To get glory?"
"Yah, like, for what we already did."
"Like what?"
"like the cattle raid stupid."
"But what to get our glory."
"we need somthing people will see"
"Yah, like a tattoo."
"A tattoo, cool, I know the plant he makes the inks out of...."