Re: Redalda; Tain

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 20:21:07 -0700

Stacy wrote

> I recall someone saying (right around the time Storm Tribe came out) that
> Redalda is the "Vinga" of the Elmali clans -- a way for women to access
> Elmal's powers as well as a goddess in her own right.

Yes, that's how I envisioned her.

John Hughes pointed out some web resources for the Tain.

> Even better, many thanks John!!
>
> See now, Nick's way would cost..... *money*!!!!!!

IIRC, the Kinsella translation keeps all the (slightly) naughty bits that some of the older translations don't include.

(The Davidson translation of Saxo Grammaticus likewise translates stuff that was left in Latin in earlier translations.)

In general, I think you'll enjoy in-copyright translations more.

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>