Pavic ramblings

From: Bo Rosén <bo.rosen_at_...>
Date: 22 Sep 2001 11:24:34 +0200

lör 2001-09-22 klockan 01.42 skrev Nick Brooke:

First off, sorry for the lack of structure here, I'm just thinking out loud.

Jeff Kyer

The implications of that are too weird to dwell upon.

"She never had a mother, so I had to be both mother and father to her." Pavis reveals all to Flintnail a sodden late night on the town.

Nick Brooke

> from this how it is that elves are breeding with humans and dwarfs in the
> great EWF experiments: they're undifferentiated (no species, no sexes, no
> distinctions between man and god, possible and impossible).

I hadn't thought about that, guess I just wanted a little love in my favourite hero's life and noticed that he had at least one child, but found no mention of a wife.
Speaking of love, where are the great stories, where are Beren Half-hand and Luthien - Tristan and Isolde ?
Haven't I read somewhere (the original Pavis Box, lost these many years ago?) that Pavis married one of the priestesses from the Paps, and that this marriage is still enacted once a year by the respective priesthoods? Are there little Pavis juniors growing up in the Paps, assuming the rites involve sex? (that could be a fun PC to play)

If I remember correctly, Pavis found some Oasis people who still had some connection with or magic from or whatever from the Green Age (Mani's people?) and either enlisted their help in creating the City or at least learned something from them that he used with magics from EWF.

What did he do really, create a bit of local Green Age, or something that drew on the power of it? Perhaps the city itself was just a by-product of what he really did, as people needed a place to stay and he had these nice walls just standing there. Did his apotheosis and worship force him into the role of City God, one which he had never intended in the first place? Becoming a god would seem to be contrary to Green Age ideals. If this is true, could his original purpouse be rediscovered through his cult (supposing it is lost) or would the cult and/or Pavis himself be too tied his role as city god?
Am I making sense at all?

> At last Convulsion, I suggested that the Daughters of Pavis (title for male
> priests) had some weird Green Age sexual meaning -- hope you enjoy this!

Fun idea, but I'm not sure I want _everything_ in Glorantha to be weird :-)

Cheers,

      Bo