Re: Great Lovers

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:30:11 -0700

John

>Is there something in the Heortling mind that only
>accepts stories connected to the godplane in some way, or do they have their
>own classes of folk tales and 'folk heros' who aren't literal plane-bending
>heroes? (We're discussing this at the moment on the Digest). I certainly
>tend toward the latter, and, Bad King Ingrain aside, wish we had a few more
>folk heroes celebrated in story and song but not directly connected with
>cults and heroquests.

You need to read Enclosure -- vol. 1 has fragments of Oskulssaga (starring Bad King Urgrain) and Errarthssaga, and I think the Sword and Helm saga is in vol. 2. (Both happen to be Vingkotling era...) I think these are old enough they can be connected to heroquests, but I don't think that's the reason they are still told.

David Dunham dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein