Re: David Gemmels Rigante.

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:33:26 -0400

Osentalka_at_... wrote:

> Hello Friends
>
> > I've read pretty much every book David Gemmel has written. He's not
> a great
> > writer but he's okay. The Rigante series isn't bad. The first
> one, The
> > Sword in the Storm reminded me a bit of Heortling society. I
> consider him
> > "comfort read".
>
> Speaking of other fantasy books:
> What do you think of Katherine Kerrs Devery Saga (Daggerspell, etc.).
>
> Cheers

I've been enjoying Lindsey Davies "Didius Falco" books. They are a rather engrossing set of mysteries set in Vespasian's Rome (post 70 AD)

But that could be a bit non-fantasy for most but I admit I get a lot of good story ideas from them.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Kyer
BESI Interim Change Management (EP) / Consultant