Re: Great Lovers

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:01:31 EDT

Bo Rosén:

<< Is there a Court of Love anywhere, btw? Is there such a thing as courtly love in Glorantha, I suppose Loskalm would be a prime suspect? >>

      The ideal of chivalrous romance certainly has a strong influence on Loskalmi society, IMO. For example, there is a saint specifically devoted to it, who has an Order with liturgists, blessings and all the rest (no grimoire though; she wasn't a wizard). However, I haven't described her Order in any great depth, nor have I specifically mentioned a Loskalmi Court of Love. But, OTOH, there's no good reason I can see to suppose such a thing doesn't exist, and Loskalm is the most likely place for it to be located (with the possible exception of Zoria, but I think they're rather more into Free Love, which rather clashes with the idea of courts). Perhaps its something I should write for the Issaries website...

Trotsky