[Hero Wars] Re: Miners and Mineworkers

From: Darran <darransims_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 00:00:25 +0100

Greetings and Salutations
2001-09-26-2341.

Joerg Baumgartner wrote:
>I guess that's because there aren't that many among the average
>Sartarite clans. The only active Sartarite mining site I know of is the
>hills near Tink, which is outside of the tribal lands of Sartar, north
>of the Creek. Maybe one or two clans have something resembling a mining
>activity, but even then I expect this to be riverine "gold-washing" (for
>lesser metals, though) rather than scratching tunnels into
>mountainsides.

My campaign is set in the year 1574ST with the independant tribe called Ilmore which is prosperous due to the mining of the Bronze Hills (also called Vrok Hills) near Tink. The hills (will) 'dried up' in 1589 and so we play while Tink is a boom town. The tribe is based around the village of Tink and clans are allowed to live in the Dragonewt Wildlands due to a large yearly Tribrute of cattle that they pay at one of the Dragonewt Plinths. Due to the presence of the Upland Marsh to the south thay have a large Humakti population as well as worshipping a sub-cult for mining. Alot of this is based on John Castellucci's RQ Adventures #2.

Mark Galeotti wrote:
>In Unspoken Word 1, Simon Bray came up with the linked cults of
>Asella (grand-daughter of Asrelia, who fell in love with Gustbran)
>and Torkal (her son), as mining deities - essentially Asella's magic
>is about finding the best place to mine, blessing the mineshaft,
>appeasing the earth, while Torkal is the burly miner.

I think I will look this up and use this, making up some key words for my narrator characters.

Joerg Baumgartner wrote:
>Asrelia will be the goddess whom the mining god might have to seduce (or
>similar) in the rites.

>Which might make mining slightly unpleasant, knowing that you have to
>seduce a crone

This would make for a great ritual for a player's Hero to proform ;-) Especially as he has insulted one of the village matriarchs in the past.

Jeffrey Kyer wrote:
>Mime workers....

>...wresting silent nuisances from the unforgiving Earth to be shipped to
>the Cult of silence.

Please no More!! ;-)

Cheers,
DARRAN SIMS.
darransims_at_...
darransims_at_...

"Hail Temu! What manner of land is this unto which I have come?  It hath not water, it hath not air; it is depth unfathomable, it is black as blackest night, and men wander helplessly therein. In it a man cannot live in quietness of heart; nor may the longings of love be satisfied therein."

    Chapter CLXXV, Verses 10-12,

     The Papyrus of Ani.
      The Book of the Dead.