Re: Re: stinky towns and stead trollkin

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 09:53:00 -0700

Peter Larsen:

> The considerate and loving enlo owner will have their enlo
>fixed. This prevents the dumping of litters, small children with
>"Enlo, Free to a Good Home" boxes, and posters of enlo hanging from
>branches with "Hang on 'til Sacred Time" written on the bottom (and
>the Lhankor Mhy really hate those posters). Do the humane thing, snip
>the little bastards....

Trust me, we did. Out with the crutching shears, first the lambs, then the enlo. Didn't work though, certainly not at Lagerwater. There were feral enlo in the gors beyond the palisades, augmented no doubt by some escaping stead enlo. But the little buggers can be crafty,and deceptive, and they obviously found hidey holes and breeding tunnels where even the alynx couldn't find 'em.

The whole situation at Lagerwater was complicated that one enlo 'hero' had been adopred for saving the clan from a Zorak Zoran vengeance raid. Climbtree had done just that - climbed a tree. One scared enlo, one angry lead-clad Zorak Zorani, one tree: upper branches bear enlo's weight, upper branches do not bear ZZ's weight, result: a fall, a death, a hero. Anyway, he and 'a few friends' got the run of the place, and it almost proved to be our undoing. After the Black Eating Plague, only Climbtree is allowed inside the palisades: we build a den for the others outside and supplement their food to stop them going completely feral. Values now police and crutch the others for their own reward: despite ourselves, we are facing the same inhumanities that the Uz did with the Trollkin Curse. Population is still growing, however. And the feral enlo population has gone through the roof, so the Yinkini brought in some *large* alynxes. They like sheep too, same as the feral enlo... Curses! Curses!

Just Don't Mess With Darkness. A trollkin by your side means three in the granary.

John