Re: Re: Questions: Humakti Honor

From: e-g_at_...
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 17:11:02 GMT

"Jeff" <jeff.kyer_at_...> writes:

>They embody Death by their mere presence. They exude it. They embrace
>it. Its terribly creepy by the standards of the day. Check out some
>of the crimes and punishments: A Humakti entering a home can cause
>miscarriages and slay the weakened by their presence.

If this is true of Humakti, then presumably the followers of all other gods would exert similar effects? (Why should there be anything special about Humakt? Maybe because he's a Great God, but I'm Not Going There...)

Therefore, whenever an Orlanthi walks into the room, the wind starts rattling the shutters; an Uroxi might be sitting quietly in the corner (probably sleeping off last night) but everybody else in the stead feels argumentative and ready for a fight; when a follower of Rufelza walks past everybody feels mad for revenge; Esrolans often find that the bread on everyone's plate has started sprouting green shoots.

Since this might get out of hand, I'd suggest that the effects only _really_ happen when you're dealing with a Hero or Disciple of the God, and even then not necessarily all the time. However, after several bad experiences with Humakti heroes in the Silver Age, Heort decided to play safe and put a blanket ban on all Humakti into his Laws...

Stephen