Re: Advice

From: morganconrad_at_...
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:48:44 -0000

Re: "Turning Lunars into Solars"

My general feel from the limited new Lunar HW material was that Issaries.com were really emphasizing the Solar aspects of the Empire, not the Lunar. For example, why give Buserian equal time with IOT? If this is a misreading of intentions, I'll be happy. Did any others read it the same way?

The 200 new Gods complaint applies to the Sartar material too. For the Lunars, I'd much rather see a lot of material about all this Yanafal debate than obscure feats of the Solar god of building military latrines. And several incarnations of the Goddess (e.g. Gerra, Orogeria) have basically no info. (disclosure: one of my characters worships Orogeria) Please do a good job on the important cults first, then feel free to put in the Rinliddi (or is it Darjiin, I mix them up) Goddess of birds pooping on fancy noble's carriages.

Re: rejection vs. tolerance/healing

Don't know what to say, but sure seems to me that the Goddess would fit in great in San Francisco, by emphasizing her tolerance. What you call "rejecting the class structure" Lunars call "healing injustice". Where you see "rejecting patriarchy", Lunars see "accepting women as equal members of society".

That's why they promulgate all the "St. Brigitte propaganda." If they emphasized your negative, rejection side, they wouldn't claim the Red Emperor as related to Yelm, they'd tell the Solars "sorry, we bitches whupped your MCP ass, go wash the dishes."

Seriously, this shows latent Orlanthi bias in you. Please whack yourself on the side of the head, saying "I'm going to think like a Lunar" before writing any material!

>Yanafali can use straight blades too!

Is this just a feature of every campaign I've ever been in all over the SF Bay Area?

Re: Goddess as chaos

One myth was that she was present in the Golden Age, before Chaos, so she need not be "of chaos". This is subject to change as Greg "explores" his world. :-)