Re: Advice

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 00:00:14

Morgan Conrad

>My general feel from the limited new Lunar HW material was that
>Issaries.com were really emphasizing the Solar aspects of the Empire,
>not the Lunar.

Because the Solars are a major part of the Empire and have a vested interest in the conquest of Orlanth. But looking at the glorantha: intro, the Solars receive no more prominence than the Provincials, the Carmanians or the Pelands.

>The 200 new Gods complaint applies to the Sartar material too. For
>the Lunars, I'd much rather see a lot of material about all this
>Yanafal debate than obscure feats of the Solar god of building
>military latrines.

What Solar God of building military latrines has been detailed?

>And several incarnations of the Goddess (e.g.
>Gerra, Orogeria) have basically no info. (disclosure: one of my
>characters worships Orogeria)

The mythology of Gerra and Orogeria have been described in the Entekosiad. There happens to be a constraint known as space for the books. If you don't have that, then you could at least ask instead of wasting peoples time with strawmen.

>Please do a good job on the important
>cults first, then feel free to put in the Rinliddi (or is it Darjiin,
>I mix them up) Goddess of birds pooping on fancy noble's carriages.

If you really want your advice to be taken in good faith, then it's generally a good idea to avoid smart-alec potshots.

--Peter Metcalfe