Advice and Comment

From: morganconrad_at_...
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 18:18:45 -0000

Martin writes:

>?!? But there is oodles of wonderful new material, rich and full of
detail!
>How could you possibly not want to see that?

It's not that I don't want to see that per se. But, I wanted more material (other than ther Ernaldan comment that triggered this) about the Light Bringers Quest. I'd rather see it than Vinkoth. (In this case, at least I can try to dig up a KoS book)

In your new Lunars books, you complain about "space limitations". I'd rather see Tarnils and Gerra and Orogeria than Avarnia. Cultural background is fine, but gods a PC might actually worship are more interesting to me.

>You want us to use the space of the ILH books to debate the nature
of
>Tarnils?

Now I am confused - does ILH mean something I don't understand? Where else would you discuss the nature of Tarnils, the most significant Lunar military god, one many PCs will follow?

>>And several incarnations of the Goddess (e.g. Gerra, Orogeria) have
>basically no info.

>>Which, I have already stated, will be amended in the ILH.

Excellent. Except Peter said that they were NOT to be in the new books, I had to find the out-of-print, "work-in-progress" (nice euphemism) Entekosiad. I hope you get the final word here...

Rejection vs. Acceptance

Logically, objectively, Tao-istically, I completely agree with you. But whether a glass is "half-full" or "half-empty" is really the same thing too. And how you choose to view it does deeply reflect your inner nature. I believe the correct Lunar inner nature and thought process is acceptance. That's what I mean by "thinking like a Lunar". Sorry about the "bias" comment, that was too strong.

Yanafal and straight blades

Every RQ game, (about 6 different groups) I've played in the San Francisco Bay Area has prohibited Yanafali from using straight blades. Maybe this is wrong, but I assumed it ultimately came from Chaosium / Greg. It's a nice touch, and helps you split up loot in a mixed party. :-)

>Goddess as chaos

>>The Rufelza cult write up says otherwise, have you read it?

Your original use of "Goddess" is vague. I tend to use "Goddess" to mean Sedenya or Natha, not Rufelza. My misunderstanding.

In any case, your quote says nothing to me about whether Rufelsa is innately chaotic. She is the daughter of Wakboth, sure sounds suspicious, but aren't other entities, like Time, the same? Is Time innately chaotic? And it says she "conquered chaos". Storm Bull conquered the Devil, right?

I'm going to ignore Peter, this is not the first time we've clashed on this list, with him ignoring my explanations, and always resorting to attacks, calling me "smart-assed", "unproductive grumbler", I think "ignorant" and "deliberately stupid" were the terms last time.