Advice and comment

From: morganconrad_at_...
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:44:53 -0000

>But in terms of your general point, why not Avarnia?

Avarnia is an important cultural God. But a cultural God of a small (relative to the Lunar Empire) society, and of little interest to PCs. To my knowledge, she (she, right?) has no huge mythical antipathy towards the Orlanthi. No major role or prophecy in the Hero Wars. In the grand scheme of things, her priority is, IMHO, low.

>So along with Yanafal (and other cool
>combat cults) there will be Teelo Norri and Gerra, there will be
>subcults devoted to stewardship and dance.

I'm the one saying that I WANT Gerra and Orogeria, cause they are incarnations of the Goddess, the important mystical enemy of Orlanth! I WANT Teelo Noori, I WANT Honeel! (I'd love to try to play a "heroic" Teelo Norri PC!) Shargash is an important god of a large Lunar sub-culture, and, most importantly, interesting to PCs, I want him too.

Put it this way: Kallyr and Harrek have probably heard of Shargash and Teelo Norri. They have not heard of Avarnia.

Some of us may have different desires from the books. But the overall title is not "Detailed Gloranthan Anthropology", it is "Hero Wars". I guess I want the heroes and the wars. :-)