Re: Digest Number 614

From: simonbrayuk_at_...
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 15:34:18 EDT

Hi All,

 I think the debate about what should be in the Lunar/Solar/Carmanian etc book is becoming hostile. I say each unto his own. I think that there should always be variety. I remember my old group of players reviling the Prosapaedia in Gods of Glorantha, they were horrified that there were more than 15 'Good' gods in the world, they refused to accept even Ernalda as a religion, as she had always been an NPC cult, never a player cult - However, they were being ignorant, it suited their game. I left, and found people more like me.
 I rarely play from a Sartarite only perspective and when I do it is usually a warped and twisted one. I have run campaigns in Fonrit, the Rightarm Islands, Teleos, the East Isles, Prax, Dagori Inkarth, Balazar, Tarsh, Imther, Dorastor, Carmania, the Grazelands, Esrolia, Heortland, the Choralinthor Sea (under it!) and Wenelia - I have only run one game in Sartar, which was great fun, but not as fun as many of the others. What I am interested in is the WORLD of Glorantha, I like to know about Esrolian phallic symbols, Pelaskan Narcotics, Imperial debaucery and bizarre little sects and cults. I actively encourage my players to explore the culture as much as they can, finding the fun in Voria ceremonies, sadness in Enlo births and heroism of Ernaldans fighting trolls.  I for one welcome the new cults that will appear in ILH and other supplements, they add to the colour of the rich world of Glorantha, it is the Cultural detail of Glorantha that makes it great, not the DP/Lunar conflict - to me that is just an aside.

 So its back to rebuilding the Bloodwater Bandit, raising the Sky Terror, editting the Garangrapha and seeking Firshala for me.

Simon