Re: Lunar Book ambitions

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 01:06:25 -0000

>As far as I can see it, Morgan asks for the Book "The Lunar Empire
>in Dragon Pass", so he can go on playing in familiar turf, but with
>good detail knowledge on the Lunar characters in the region.

This would be my understanding too. While I don't think this is what the entirity of ILH1 is, I would imagine that it will contain much of the material anyway. The Trollpak simile is apt. Trollpak wasn't just "How to use Trolls as NPC's in your Sartar/Prax/Pavis&Rubble Campaigns", but people who only wanted to do that could still get plenty of use out of it.

I also think the division by culture makes a good way of splitting the Empire books. Book 1 (The Lunars) will provide those Lunar NPC's that are providing the opposition to the Heortling Orlanthi - so it will contain the 7 Mothers, and other Lunar War cults for example. It will also encourage players to try out Lunar Characters, just as TP encouraged them to play Uz. and Once they are doing that then book 2 (The Darra Happans) will give them people to interact with that aren't just Heortlings - then Book 3 (The Carmanians) will give new foes to your Solar PC's and so on!

I sort of think some sort of general overview might be useful though

> I think a "Strangers in ..." series building on Strangers in Prax
>would be a quite successful supplement series, and useful for local
>campaigns.

I'd agree - Maybe it is a project (more?) suited to Tradetalk/Unspoken Word or one of the other (irregular) publications?