Re: Re: Avarnia Myth

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 12:23:07 +1300

> "Lot Gulls," we called them in Minneapolis -- about as far from a
> sea as you can get in this geologic age. Maybe they're heroquesting, and
> eating garbage is part of the magic....

Terrifyingly tangentially, do gulls in your part of the world make much noise? I have noticed (via my observations... please, just don't ask) that gulls in "hot" areas do not have the irritating and piercing cries whereas gulls in colder climates do.

Perhaps "The Piercing Cry" is a reward from some kind of chilly Otherworldly gull journey?

(I'm new here, by the way, not sure if I was supposed to announce myself)

John Machin
(trithemius_at_...)
(ICQ 16537985)

"But turn from my tongue, o gods, the madness of these men, and from hallowed lips let a pure stream flow."

Empedocles: Physics 2(3)