Re: sedentary priests

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:52:42 -0000

> Don't do the boring bits! A typical heortling will spend most of
> their time herding and farming. Yet most Heortling clan episodes are

Sure. It's just my GM sense of "what the NPC's are doing" that is flashing. I'm not sure the Heortlings would have people as far removed from every day life as I am thinking, it would be more appropriate to large wealthy cultures. I mean, are these ceremonial types constantly performing "raise the sun" rituals, sort of thing? It seems to impinge upon the Malkioni veneration idea... chief priests who may never need any magic appropriate for adventuring, or crafts, or whatever - what is THEIR magic? Are they just "blessing the country" all day?