RE: newbie alert

From: Grawe, Philipp <pgrawe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:30:51 +1000

Head for http://www.glorantha.com and check out the online player locator.

> any RQ players on the list in Los Angeles (who's interested in taking
> on new players)? I'd welcome any information about HW vs. RQ2, and
> I'm looking forward to learning about the world of Glorantha... and
> adding my own bits when I can!

You're opening a can of worms on this one. HW vs RQ has been discussed in the past a fair bit, probably to the point where the Old Guard on the list are going "Argh! No! NOT THAT TOPIC AGAIN"

The two are different games. Hero Wars doesn't try to be Runequest and makes no bones about its differences. Where Runequest tries to be very much a simulation-style game with exact hit locations and percentages, Hero Wars explains in the opening chapter that it draws its inspiration from Hong Kong Action Movies, High Fantasy, Conan, Red Sonia and such.

Just a quick run-down, got basketball training now, gotta run... Harry.