Re: Re: Breaking hospitality and the Greeting

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:59:12 +0100

Ian Cooper wrote:
> And if he is tricked into breaking hospitality, presumably the host
> then suffers the effects of Divine Wrath?

Well, I'd be more vague than saying Orlanth lobs a thunderbolt. I don't think Orlanth polices his laws so directly (doesn't it say something to that effect in TR?). The cunning planner could bring a legal case against the host. Being pious, the clan might should come down hard on the host. If the host is a Chief or King, the cunning planner could cast the host in the role of a Bad King (even the Evil Emperor himself) in a subsequent hero quest.