RE: Re: Breaking hospitality and the Greeting

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 01:04:14 +0100

On Tuesday, October 23, 2001 4:03 PM, Ian Cooper [SMTP:ian_hammond_cooper_at_...] wrote:
> >I'm not too sure its a Ritual. Too close to compelling truth for my
> liking, to suggest it can magically detect honesty. Also, what point
> then of the Chief's faithful Humakti with Sense Assassin and Detect
> Truth?
>
> TR disagrees here - xplicity describing it as truth magic and by
> implication a ritual.

I think so, too.

I personally feel that your Humakti/lawspeakers with all their Truth magic are an integral part of this ritual - among other things, this is what the chief keeps them around for. :)

Ability rating discussion I'll keep out of, 'cos

I'm very much in favour of keeping "grey areas"/equivocation in. As Benedict says, they're great fun in the same way as trying to get someone to break a geas is fun. And I'm not just saying that because I'm playing the trickster (what, I wonder, makes me think I'm going to be the one who can't help falling foul of this?)

Regards,

Bruce