Re: Breaking hospitality and the Greeting

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:04:02 +0100

> From: "Wulf Corbett" <wulfc_at_...>
>I'd say you could resist it like any other magic. Trouble is, are you
>resisting the host (acceptable difficulty) or Orlanth (a bit

I'd say it was resisting the community wyter at full strength with ritual magic bonuses (still 2-3 masteries at least).

>difficult...). I already decided it WAS possible for a Vivamort
>worshipper using Resist Theist Magic to 'trick' his way past Agents
>of Retribution and the like, I'd say this was similar.
>
>> Second Question: I am assuming this is Divine Wrath. So dDoes this
>> fall on non-Orlanthi who make the Greeting or is that a 'caveat
>> emptor' situation?
>
>I can't see how Orlanth could punish a non-Orlanthi without recourse
>to lightning bolts...

There are suggestions that some undead become so by violating laws of hospitality ... so it could be argued that they are consorting with pre-dark by breaking these natural laws.

Thom