Re: IG

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 02:23:57 -0000

I'd suggest looking up the Abiding book on the Issaries website. The Abiding book is the official 'bible' of the Malkioni sects, yes. Its the standard book used by almost all Malkioni churches.

The writeup in HW indicates it has a rather wide array of useful blessings - p 187 of HW: RPiG describes how it was created. It was brought forth by the Will of Malkion and every liturgist has a copy. p 199 details many of its blessings.

> But in the Sartar books (currently on loan, hope I remember right)
> the Orlanthi tactic against western style knights and sorcerers
> explicitly emphasizes the use of lightning bolts to take out their
> magi. And this must work fairly well, since the western types are
> *not noted* as unusually tough enemies, unlike the Lunars.

Its like rabbit stew. First catch the rabbit. The Orlanthi target the magicians because they _know_ how dangerous they and their strange magics are. Combat spells strike with devastating power and are very hard to stop.

> If the powerful magi can't protect themselves, these arguments that
> their magic is so infinitely superior ring false.

I'd suggest that you're misinterpreting the writings. I would suggest that the Orlanthi writeup discusses the best way to deal with the Meldeks. Fighting heavily armed, blessed and organized (don't forget disciplined) Western troops is much tougher than surprising a bunch of scroll-wavers by jumping out of Mastakos's Chariot and smiting them before they can get off one of those nasty 'Smite Pagan' spells.

Jeff