Re: (unknown)

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 11:18:53 +1300

Jerome wrote:

>I like this, but then why do the Andrini raze Bensval to build Mont
>Passant instead, and allow the Aeolians to build their prophecized
>cathedral here?

The Aeolian Cathedral at Mount Passant was extant in the Imperial Age for the God Learners took the Abiding Book there. That Andrin built a new city there could mean a number of things other than building a brand new city from scratch. Exactly what King Andrin did at Bensval (or where it was) is unknown but there are any number of possible reasons for his actions - the Sartarites merely tell a hostile account of him.

>And why are the Esvularings now called Aeolings
>despite the Pharaoh's best efforts and superior wisdom?

They are not called Aeolings now. The Aeoling creed is strong among the Esvularings of South Heortland but according to the Aeolian writeup up at www.glorantha.com, only a third to half the population of Southern Heortland are in the Church.

Secondly the Pharaoh is not all-powerful. He certainly did want Heortland to remain a land of storm worshippers, but if somebody wants to join the Aeolian Church, there's very little he could do to stop them.

--Peter Metcalfe