Re: Group composition

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 10:09:29 -0800

This is for Rusty Hoyle's sterling international IRC campaign, 'Arambobo's heroes'. We have Brits, French, Swedes, Americans and a couple of Aussies.

> Is your campaign set in Dragon Pass?

Sun County, Prax and the Wastes, with a few exiled Heortlings in the mix.

> Do you plan on travelling elsewhere in the near term

Half of us are nomads anyway. The rest are exiles or I suspect soon to be so. As the winds blow...

> If relevant are your heroes working for or against the Empire?

Opportunistic nomads and Heortling exiles - what do you think! The Sun County templars are more circumspect, but have been framed and are in a bit of bother. The Lokarnos merchant is studiously neutral.

> Is your players band still at home in the clan or wandering?

Definitely the latter. Sun County is our nominal base.

> Are you set in a given year?

early 1620s...

> Is your band mostly martial types or non-martial (healers,spies
etc.)

An 'RQ Classic' adventuring mix (though no ducks *yet* <wicked grin>) - as the campaign is a long-running RQ conversion. We have a Kheldon thief, a Dundealos Humakti guard, several Sun County Templars, a Bison rider mercenary, a Zebra Rider scout and a Lokarnos merchant.

> Do you have a defined villain?

Chaos nasties have occupied us to date, and one high powered 'witch woman' in particular. Encounters with Lunars are seldom peaceful, so I suspect Imperial attention is settling upon us.

Is our mysterious Monkey patron (YGMV) a good guy or a bad guy? Only time will tell.

> What are the ability ranges of heroes best abilities?

Around 10w for the newer characters, somewhat higher for the long-standing.

John

nysalor_at_...                      John Hughes

Men who know the ways of power
 Women wise and rich in magic,
Keepers of the herds and plantings
 Staunch defenders of our lands!