Re: Contributing to Glorantha

From: Tradetalk_at_...
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 16:33:04 +0100

Rick wrote:
> To me, writing about gods and the major history of glorantha
> will probably eventually lead you to getting contradicted by
> official sources sooner or later.

With Tradetalk we will live with this risk, but you are right - if anybody lifes in such a fear we wouldn't be able to fill such mags like UW, TT and ToRM. If we want to give support to a system we all like so much, it will be important to write fan material for this mags mentioned above, because the beginners needs material as background and something to play with.

> City descriptions
> Scenarios of any size
> Hero bands
> Spirit cult types of info
> NPC's of all varieties
> Encounters
> Small regions
> Clan level information
> Creatures
> Maps
> Minor Heroquests
> Arts like poetry, songs, etc.

If someone of yours have written such material we would be happy to publishing in Tradetalk, only with such material we can produce Tradetalk further on.

> And those are just the ones that easily leap to mind. Take
> a look at what's published in the Unspoken Word, Tradetalk,
> or Tales of the Reaching Moon. Most of that stuff will
> probably never remotely have a chance of getting "Gregged".

But sometimes such material has influence on material which will become official one time, if nobody knows about your ideas about "your Glorantha" something like this will never happen (if you don't send you stuff directly to Issaries)

> There is one other reason people have not been posting as
> much that needs to be mentioned. It has nothing to do with
> people's hesitancy to write and/or post on certain "risky"
> topics. The number of people who are interested in reading
> or gaming in Glorantha is still shrinking.

That is surely true. In Germany with have real problems with making HW more popular as RQ was.

> Get writing, get recruiting, run demo games at cons and shops.

Yes, good said Rick, thanks for this welcome comments.

Cheers

Ingo