Re: Followers, what have you got ?

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 12:28:52 +0000

Reading through the replies, we seem to have three styles for choosing followers.
  1. Provide support in the character's main ability. For example, a warrior having warrior followers.
  2. Provide useful abilities that the character is unskilled in. For example, a body guard for a merchant, or a healer for a warrior.
  3. Provide ambiguous references and quirky abilities. For example, Satirical Cartooning.

I expected to see a mixture of those styles in players' choice of followers, so each typical player would have examples of each style. Instead, it seems that entire groups follow mostly one style, tending towards styles 1 and 2.

Pondering again, one might say that style 1 is the wargamer approach, 2 the power gamer approach and 3 the storyteller/roleplayer approach.