Any Norwegians here?

From: simon_hibbs <simonh_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 17:15:34 -0000

While in China recently (bear with me) I saw an episode of what I think is a Norwegian TV series. It looked very Gloranthan. It was historical, but I am not sure exactly when or where it was set, except that it was in some mountains which the protagonists wanted to cross. They could have been Vikings, or Lapps, or some other northern tribal people.

In the episode I saw, an expedition went up into the mountains, I think to explore a way through, but were caught in an avalanche. The survivors were hanging from ropes, which tied them together, and were busily killing each other and cutting ropes, sending each other to their doom at the bottom of the cliff, in an attempt to save themselves. Every man for himself. it didn't help, because they were all killed in a second avalanche anyway. The episode ended in a hut, with the tribes people gathered round a fire, with everything fading into some religious symbol.

Although I had little idea what was going on, it was very well made and fast-paced. Does anyone know what it was, if there is an English subtitled version, and where I can get it?

The parallels with Glorantha seemed obvious - renegade Sartarites trapped in the mountains, pursued by Lunars and traitors, etc.

Simon Hibbs