Re: Re: Followers. What have you got?

From: Nasty Goblin <goblinredux_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 21:16:50 -0500

From: Wulf Corbett

> I also still tend to ask "Is there a chandelier, and can I reach it?"
rather than just say "I swing from the chandelier".

There is an important scale between detail & realism vs drama. Certainly Robin D Laws makes a valid point about game-maps in Feng Shui... ...they rob drama from the game. In high drama a player should be _able_ to say "I swing on the chandelier." As long as the improv fits the environment (and gets GM approval) it works.

I feel that Hero Wars, with its open ability list tends to support this style of play... ...there may already be characters out there with "Swashbuckling Antics" at 12w.

I don't feel this makes a more realistic or detailed operation less valid, I just think there's more work required to run a more detailed world. ...And as I've already noted, trying to run Gloratha is already work enouogh for me! <g>