Re: Assasins in the West?

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 08:36:55 -0600

Mikko Rintasaari says:

>Peter [M.] wrote:
>:...but the best thing about the duelists are they're legal and the
>:intended victim can't back away without severe loss of face.
>
>Ah, indeed. I wasn't thinking straight. That does solve many problems,
>and a swordmaster can sell his services as this sort of an assasin
>(pronounced champion) rather in the open.

        Slightly off the topic, if this sort of plot interests you (Professional Duelists, court politics, etc.) Ellen Kushner's _Swordspoint_ (apparently still in print as a Tor mass market paperback in the US) is a nifty little story of star-crossed lovers, intrigue, duelists, etc. Great atmosphere and many characters worth pillaging.

Peter Larsen