Re: Chandeliers (presence thereof)

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:16:45 -0000

>It's a case of "know your players", really, which is good GM advice
regardless of system...

Agreed I think its a question of what fits with your group style. We have used a map and not used maps. The experience is different, and our players seem to find their imagination constrained by a map and enjoy leaping from rooftops etc, so like to be able to 'create' one if required. Its used for creating an interesting narrative and not powergaming, so we are all happy with it. Of course the narrator has to rule what is and is not reasonable.There are few chandeliers in my Heortling steads, though the roof beams might serve 'dramatic' needs ;-)

I can see that others might not like this style regarding it as too freeform and and feeling the challenge comes from constraining players more. Live and let live I say, both styles are worthy of discussion so adherents can improve their toolboxes.

Let's enable each other's styles, not decry them

Ian Cooper
PS yes that summary of group origin and ability is coming, been busy.