Re: Re: A community creative challenge

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 22:40:50 -0800

> Philippe Sigaud wrote:
> > As far as I know, Heortling villages aren't spiral shaped,

Ian replied:

> When I drew my map of Clearwine (on the Glorantha website I reasoned
> that 'planners' would mirror the plans for a stead/village that they
> knew - Storm Village - and so there is a spiral shape to the
> settlement, just like Aedin's Wall has.

Just to add to Ian, I'm currently finishing up a longish series of articles on Lagerwater stead in the Far Place: the conceptual map I'm using for stead layout is also a storm spiral, overlaid with the deities and powers of the four directions (see 'Sacred order of Space', TR 118). This is obviously an archetypal ideal - practical considerations will always come first, when planting buildings, but it is stead plan that *every* adult male Heortling knows. As above, so below.

John

nysalor_at_...                   John Hughes

The question seldom addressed is *where* Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair is an even more embarrassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the deodorant bottle.

-Terry Pratchett, Soul Music.