Re: Re: Flower Wars

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 08:37:52 -0800

At 01:28 AM 12/21/2001 -0000, you wrote:
>> A little question: Is there a well-known explanation for the Flower
>>Wars in Caladraland being called like that, or is it a fancy name left for
>> interpretation? (or are they called something else?)

>Or they are based on the Aztec 'Flower Wars' in which warriors fought
>to capture their foes rather than kill them. The losers were
>sacrificed to the bloodthirsty gods afterwards.

When Peter put this forth I was initially reluctant to fall into the Aztec analogue, but now am enthusiasticaly in favor of this. And also of the Caladralanders sacrificing virgins to the Volcano God (an artifact from their savage pre-C&A days).

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>