Re: Falling Ruins in Tarsh

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:39:13 -0600

Thanks for posting this, Greg! However, why are they called the Falling Ruins? Surely they'd stop falling at some point (or am I stuck in a real-world mindset?)

Guy

At 09:11 PM 12/27/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>Could anyone tell me where I may find information about Falling Ruins in
>Tarsh ?

Here is a little excerpt from a Guide to Sartar that I am compiling.

Falling Ruins. Notorious ruin on the Dragonspine Ridge, overlooking Dendrogi Pass. Site of an ancient city and fortress called Intan, it was ruined by the EWF. It was where Dinkat's Ladder was raised, and maybe also a breeding place for human/dragon hybrids, or perhaps a monastery for nonhumans, or maybe a laboratory where the metal animals were forged. The ruins have an allure that many find irresistible even from the pass far below it. The three roads that approach it cast promises to tempt anyone upon them, and within the ruins lives Elemenoria, the Great Temptress who can grant any wish, for a price.
Intan. A former city, now called Falling Ruins. (KoS 184) It was settled in the Dawn Age by Stravuli tribesmen. It overlooks Dendrogi Pass and its strategic position has caused it to be occupied by every subsequent power trying to control Dragon Pass. However, it was cursed and has been unoccupied since the EWF. See Falling Ruins.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>