Re: Thunder Day

From: contracycle <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 11:39:25 -0000

> http://home.swipnet.se/~w-59453/holyday.html
>
> Great stuff and kudos to Patrik.

Yes, very good I thought

> Remember that the priests choose a myth for the ceremony based
> onnthe clan's situation, predictions for the coming year. Patrik
> chooses Orlanth vs Aroka, but you could choose something else.

Ah, cool, that would be useful, especially as its a prediction.

> help you to shape your ceremony. Remember that post TR we now
> understand that the telling will actually involve a trip to the
> other side for the Orlanthi.

Yeah, well I'm not sure that in mine they actually need to make it to the ceremony - the bull is going to suffer an unfortunate accident, for one thing. I am more into establishing context and stuff, its also good to have seen thoughts on the prediction aspect and the arrival of the storm; that presents a "natural" but varying time limit. It might even feed into yours, if yours starts at the ceremony :) thx