Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 12:30:41 -0800

At 07:53 PM 1/4/2002 -0000, you wrote:
>I hate to bring this up again, but aside from my own curiosity on the
>subject someone over on the rpgnet forum just posted the
>subject "What the hell happened to Sartar Rising" ...
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I don't read the forums, having enough to do as it is. I did peek. Concening that string: First, thank you Ian. Nice work.

>Getting some news so that this could be denied
>would be a good thing.

We have not made any updated announcements on this because it is easy for things to go wrong. I felt a bit pissed off when people questioned our integrity when we reported the medical problems etc. which had hampered its previous schedule. It made me wonder whether it may be best to make no announcements at all and just have a new product appear out of nowhere, rather than make announcements that seem inevitably to mislead and disappoint. And frankly, when I have to make a choice between doing new work for product or checking old announcement dates, I always choose the former.

Nonetheless
Barbarian Adventures is at the printer.
We have approved of the bluelines, and it is supposed to start rolling off of the presses on Monday Jan 7. After all are done it will go to the warehouse, and then to either A. the distributors, to your stores and then into your hands; or B. to Wizard Attic Retail, to the post office and into your hands.

Orlanth is Dead is nearly finished being edited, and I believe we have all the interior art work. The cover has been done for over a year. We will release it, at the absolute earliest, 6 weeks after the release of Barbarian Adventures (and probably longer. It is a cash flow issue, business intruding once again upon the unlimited creativity of Issaries and Glorantha.)

Hero's Book is well on schedule. I believe we have all the interior art for that as well.

Other supplements are coming along, notably Imperial Lunar Handbook Vol 1, the Lunars, which is in the final acquisition process and will go into editing soon.

Want to help this regular process along? Send us a scenario. Or join the GTA. Or go to another online site and talk the game up. Or sit down and start a Hero Wars game group.

>and asked "Is it
>ever going to get published or are we seeing the last gasps of
>another game company?"

Please convey to whomever that Issaries will wait to see how Hero Wars 2nd Edition sells before it will stop gasping. Oh wait, they won't get the irony so just tell them Issaries is in business and they should run out and pre-order Barbarian Adventures if they doubt it.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>