Telling it how it is (was re: Barbarian Adventures)

From: theunspokenword <hia15_at_...>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 14:10:22 -0000

Ian's made some extremely important points. Issaries is a very small company in an age when big battalions predominate. One of its greatest strengths is the Gloranthaphile community, who tend to be dedicated and articulate. The very fact that you are on this list says something about your commitment to Glorantha.

It really is a Good Thing to spread the word. I'm not talking about some huge investment in time like those heroes who run demo games at cons (how long does it take to post a quick riposte, as Ian did?), nor lying in your teeth ("this game also cures the comon cold and makes you more attractive to the opposite sex"). Just as and when, if the opportunity arises, letting people know what we are hooked on/interested in and why.

Is this your job? Of course not: ultimately we are all just consumers and we owe no obligation to Issaries. But is it in your interests? Undoubtedly yes: the more people hear about HW and Glorantha, the more the sales; the better the cash flow for Issaries, the more products they can produce.

Sorry about banging on about this, but I do think people need to realise how we can all help Issaries and ourselves.

All the best

Mark

Mark Galeotti