Re: [hw-rules] Gloranthan New Years Resolution

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 19:51:45 -0800

Rick shares his New Year's Resolution:

Nice one Rick. Here's mine: every month or so I shall post a 'Gloranthan update' to my old haunt, the aus.games.roleplay newsgroup and any other newsgroup I know of whose functionality and community hasn't been completely destroyed by porn postings. (Like most others, I've switched to controlled news groups in the last few years; the golden era of Usenet seems to be behind us).

Aimed at Gloranthan neophytes and old time RQers, the update will contain a short intro essay on Glorantha and Hero Wars, news of recent and upcoming releases, and links. Lots of links.

I will post a single copy to the Digest, and encourage you all to pass it on.

As Rick reminds us, it's *our* Glorantha.

Kallyr Lives! Come the Thunder.

John

nysalor_at_... John Hughes

Everything is determined, the beginning as well as the end, by forces over which we have no control. It is determined for insects as well as for the stars. Human beings, vegetables or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune,  intoned in the distance by an invisible piper.