Re: Building A Better Vingan

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 08:10:30 -0600

Very nice work, John! I may have to take another crack at Poser myself.

Guy

In what is becoming a Sacred Time tradition - both in me finishing up 3D modelling projects and posting Vingan art to the group - may I present two variants on a vingan for your roleplaying pleasure.

In the files area of the web page you will find

a model of a Vingan fighter with background and

the same model sans background.

(Last year's Vingan collection is also in the Files area)

Both are JPGs, and presented as 800*600 for possible use as desktop wallpaper. Or use them as character or NPC inspiration.

The model was built in Poser 4 using Victoria as the base. The tunic top is adapted from an original by John Mallis. The banner OBJ was found at Baumgarten. Textures (mainly banner and rune sword) and a minimum of post rendering were done in Photoshop.

I'm not sure who the banner belongs to, or indeed who the Vingan is. While the background suggests Sartar, her dress for me signifies a cosmopolitan Pavis background ('the new Sartar was born in Pavis'). And a banner of a White Bull, a Heortling and a Movement/Change rune - well what do you think.

Imaginative descriptions and encounters based around the graphic would be most welcome.

Enjoy

John

nysalor_at_... John Hughes

I don't give a damn if some Thracian ape strut Proud of that first-rate shield the bushes got. Leaving it was hell, but in a tricky spot I kept my hide intact. Good shields can be bought.