Re: Clans question

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 08:36:47 +0000

elysia69 wrote:
> 1) Do roads in Sartar go through clan property or between borders?

The Boldhome to Wilmskirk road uses the Sambari Pass, which is explicitly said to be in the tribal lands of the Sambari, so at least sometimes through.

Sartar was an Issaries Hero who forged a Princedom from disparate tribes. His roads should have served his policy of increasing communication and unification. I would suggest that he therefore deliberately routed them through clans rather than between them.

> 2) If through do you have to ask permission to pass through tulas
> when you are not stopping?

Off the roads, strangers on a tula might be mistaken for raiders. Acquiring 'permission'' by announcing yourself or being accompanied by a clansman can prevent misidentification. Otherwise, honest traders announce their presence with load horn blasts.

> 9) Do clan members ask permission before going to another clan's
> fairs and markets?

A clan assembly is a big deal. Merchants come to where there are people. I'd say that fairs and markets will grow up around clan things (legal meetings). Nobody needs permission to announce a legal case, or to provide legal support, so I'd say that nobody needs permission to attend a clan gathering.