Re: Speaking of oils....

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:20:37 -0000

Sunflowers are quite hardy. They were domesticated by the natives of what is now the north eastern US, IIRC, and we certainly grew them when living in Manitoba, which climate wise I would guess matches up with something like Thrice-blessed. So the lunars certainly could grow sunflowers, the only question is do they have something else that is more efficient?

> > Hmmm, maybe they would have sources of mineral oils, and the
> > technologies to refine them?
>
> It doesn't seem that Dara Happan, somehow... except. Parhaps it
does.
> One could see a connection with Lodril and Mineral Oil.

Not to mention that they have associate earth cults of their own. Perhaps only the lower (Lodrilli) classes use stinking mineral oils, while the upper crust use fine vegetable oils?

Unless of course you have Right Whales in the White Sea, that would be a perfect source of oil for palace lamps!

--Bryan