Re: [HeroWars ]Zazur Heroquest (was Taking it _off_)

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:27:22 -0800

At 01:46 AM 1/18/2002 GMT, you wrote:

>So, cutting to the chase, what elements would feature in a Uroxi quest
>for a zarur? I'd have thought this would have been the obvious "Stormwalk
>mountain and twisting the head off of something" quest, but the published
>stormwalk seems to take a very different take (it being an O. Rex quest, and
>accordingly somewhat taken up with the "taming the unruly big bro'" aspect)..

Here are some that I know of:
Urox goes to Prax to the Storm Age and tracks down a zazur, rescues it from chaos and it comes howme with him, being a normal animal. Urox climbs Stormwalk (can be in any age), ambushes a zasur and fights it using rope and stickUrox wanders nearly lost in Golden Age and rescues a cow. Zazur (son) shows up a year later for a lifetime of service to the uroxi, his clan (or band), and the cows of the herd. Urox wrestles with the earth giant, in the Golden or earliest Storm Age, and twists his head off. Among other things revealed from the corpse iare storm bulls. A supernatural creature can be persuaded, conquered or trailed and ambushed, and comes home as a blood brother.

Remember that these all include several stages of story events. Variant versions of most of them exist. What they share is: Entry cost of 5 HP
wager of Ride [everything], which MUST be lost Net result of Ride zazur at 17 OR your Worship [Stormbull/urox], whichever is higher.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>