Re: lunar names

From: theunspokenword <hia15_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 09:10:38 -0000

On Soviet names, Nick Brooke reminded me of the wonderful Traktorina. I can't help but wonder if the current generation of Russians are christening their kids after the Mercedes, Dollar and Hitman (I hope not the latter, as Russian has no H and uses the G in transliteration, so this would become Gitman). But before this gets too OT, Andrew also usefully raised the Puritan names based on virtues and injuctions. I tend to use these for Black Horse County, but I suppose Lunars might call their kids names like Inclusive, Scarlet, Cyclical and Glowline.

(Though part of me would have liked to have gone simply with Romanic names like Quintus, Marcus and Valerianus as the standard for Lunars. Why? Well, as the Goddess says, 'We are all -us')

Mark

Mark Galeotti