Re: TotRM features

From: contracycle <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:18:24 -0000

> Personaly I'm not all that keen on this idea. I think each temple
> is the centre of it's own perfectly hemispherical glowline that is
> created through the rituals and sacrifices at that temple.
> Disconnecting a temple from the others might make it harder to
> maintain I suppose, but I think it should still be possible.

What I was thinking of was a sort of repeater model. The rotating searchlight that is the Red Moon swings about and hits a given temple once every seven days. The temple "charges" or "downloads" - pick your own metaphor - this lunar energy and then "rebroadcasts" it locally in the immediate hemisphere. Thus, the temple has a weekly "life cycle" like that of the moon itself, "running down" the stored power. I was imaginging something like a glowing red column that slowly deepens and darkens as the week passes, shining brilliantly at first and eventually mostly dark, occasionally pulsing, as if a heart slowly dying, the gaps between each pulse longer and longer, until finally, just before the beam is next due, the column is barely pulsing at all - only to blaze with crimson glory moments later. Could be used as a powerful cyclical symbol by Lunar churches. Thoughts, anyone?